Hover over the image above to view gallery
Take a closer look at the famous kitchen paintings of great artists. Enjoy these masterpieces. Feel the atmosphere of those ages, pay attention to every detail.
No doubts, unconsciously you’ll compare the kitchens on the canvas with the kitchen you have at home. Clean water from the tap, electric or gas stoves, fridges, dishwashers, microwaves, blenders, coffeemakers, toasters, slow-cookers, non-stick frying pans … We don’t even notice how lucky we are today having all these utilities-facilities-appliances. Don’t you think?
- “In der Klosterküche” (In the Cloister’s Kitchen) by Adolf Humborg
- “A Maid in the Kitchen” by David Emile Joseph de Noter
- “Monk in the Kitchen” by Ernst Nowak (1851-1919)
- “The Kitchen” by Frederick McCubbin, 1884
- “Kitchen Scene” by Joachim Wtewael, 1605
- “Kitchen Scene” by Peter Wtewael, 1620s
- “Kiss Me and You’ll Kiss the ‘Lasses” by Lilly Martin Spencer, 1856
- “A Woman Peeling Apples” by Pieter de Hooch, c. 1663
- “Russian oven” by Andrei Vilkov
- “The Lady Of The House” by David De Noter